March 9, 2012

It's a...

How time flies when you are busy!  I can't believe I haven't blogged in such a long time.  And its sad to say that it has been even longer since I've sewn, or done anything crafty.  Moving into the new house, the holidays and just plain life has seemed to have taken over any spare time that I have these days.  But I am hoping with the holidays behind us and the new year upon us, that I'll have some time to start sewing again.  Well, that is at least my goal.

There has been some exciting news that I have been wanting to share with you for quite some time, but in my lack of blogging time haven't been able to.  We are expecting a baby girl in June!!!  Yay!! I am so excited.  I was so hoping that with this news I would be sewing up a storm in preparation for her arrival, but to my disappointment I haven't sewn one thing for her.  Very sad.  I have had so many plans and big ideas for when I had a little girl.  Oh the things that I was going to make for her.  But it hasn't happened yet. 

I still have a lot of plans to get things done.  Technically I have 12 weeks left to do things, so I'm not completely out of time, just yet.  And I heard about this nesting stage yet to come.  But, I'm looking for some motivation to get me going.  To get started I need to get a table in my sewing room.  Right now my machine is sitting on the floor, not exactly an ideal place for a pregnant chick to sit! 

As soon as I get my machine up off the floor I'm hoping that a miracle will happen and I'll be able to start cranking out projects for my little girl.  I've at least started making a list of priorities: shoes, bibs and a quilt.  Keeping it simple to get me started, although have a lot more on the agenda.

Thank you for sticking with me in my absence and looking forward to coming back again soon with some completed (or partially completed) projects.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some pictures I've found on Pinterest that are my inspiration.





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, how exciting for you!
    Those elephants are so cute, lovely idea for a nursery.

    Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, not long to go and your little girl will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, a baby girl!! Wishing all the best for the rest of your pregnancy.
    I do hope you find the time to make some things for your little girl, you will feel so proud knowing you've made some of the things she needs.
    Have fun,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

It is always great to hear from you!