May 2, 2011

For the Love of ~ Amy Butler

I have to admit, I never heard of Amy Butler until I started sewing (again) a little over a year ago. I know, I know so e m b a r r a s s i n g. I think I must have been living under a rock! But I'm glad to state that I now am very acquainted with her fabric line and feel like a Duchess when I'm sewing with it (think it’s a general requirement to mention the royal wedding somewhere!). The cheerful colors and the whimsy of the pattern can't help but make you do a little dance when you have her fabric line next to your sewing machine. I know I have a stash just waiting for the perfect project. Do you?

Today I came across a tour of Amy Butler's home, via Amylouwho. Can I just say I think I admire her even more? I know you’ll laugh (again) when I tell you why, but that’s ok. When you take the tour of her home there are a few things that stand out. For me it was the age of the home, the simple, but artistic style, the kitchen (love the appliances) and of course, the best part of the tour, her cats. See I told you I’d hear a snicker. Don’t you think that a home looks so much more inviting when a cat lies curled up in a chair or stretched out on a bed? Just love it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always great to hear from you!