October 3, 2010

Carry Me: The Cover Bag

Here is the bag the book was bought for: the Granny Bag.  I had originally thought I would save it for the last one; you know, something to look forward to at the end, like dessert.  But, like always, I have a hard time waiting!  Since I hadn't intended to make this bag at this time, I hadn't exactly had the fabric picked out for the design yet.  I'm still not 100% sold on the color choices that I used here, but its growing on me.  What do you think?  Oh and yes, I made 2 (count them, 2) bags in one afternoon! 

One big pro on this bag, it is HUGE.  Certainly a bag where keys will be lost!  However, the way the top is designed it opens up nice and wide, so will be easy to get items in and out.  Also, a fairly easy bag to put together (hence I cranked out 2 of these bad boys - maybe that should be girls, lol).  I was a little hesitant at first with the split side, but not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.  The diagrams on this one were really helpful. 








There you have it, another bag down with 9 more to go (that includes the one bag that I'm not doing).  Half way there!

Let me know what you think about this bag (style, color, size, etc). 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love your bags and the fabrics you have used. I especially love paisley designs and the colours are gorgeous. However I'm very partial to golden tones and autumn colours so I'm a bit biased. :-) Looking forward to seeing the next one you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great bag, love all the details! Looks very pretty and fall like. :)

    ReplyDelete

It is always great to hear from you!